Making a new strawberry patch…

Now that the strawberries have well and truly “gone over” I decided to tidy up the patch by cutting back all of this years foliage, along the way I gathered up the multitude of runners that had developed. Most of them had rooted within the straw of the bed and were easy enough to put…

A Busy Little Plot!

The plot has been fantastically busy of late and we are taking home lots of fresh fruit and veg! Such a great feeling after so much work!

Straw for the strawberry beds

After relocating the strawberry bed late last year, I’m pleased to see that the new runners are now great little plants and all is looking well! We now have quite a few flowers on the plants and in anticipation of some fruit I decided to pick up some straw to go around them. As you…

Our Allotment Plan 2016

I’ve had lots of fun over the past couple of months creating my plan for our¬†dream allotment and here it is! There’s no hard and fast rules about sticking to this but I’m happy to have a great guide in my pocket of how I saw things fitting in at the beginning of the year.…

Relocating the Strawberry Patch

At the end of September I began the arduous task of weeding the strawberry patch. An absolute nightmare! So much horseradish and dandelion had sprouted up in between the strawberry plants that it just became impossible to dig the weeds out without removing the plants, so I decided to relocate to an area that I…