After a turbulent March, I am happy to say that we are back ‘on it’. Next year I will remember these few months are the difficult ones and make sure I’m ‘hardened off’! I also plan to prepare more than ever for the storms that we inevitably have to endure.
Mainly due to me spending some time to plan my time, thanks iCal! I have managed to create quite the little routine for myself, the goal being to get to the plot every day, even if it’s just for half an hour. I have said this to so many people when they have been pondering how they’re going to manage their allotment; sometimes I need to take a dose of my own medicine!
So, what have we done these past few weeks? We’ve been busy!
• The kids have painted half of the inside of their shed
• We have removed most of the ground cover and have prepared over half of the ground for planting (there’s still some to do)
• We have sowed lots and lots of seeds
• I have started to put in more pathways to give more structure and interest to the area (and make it easier to get about).
• There have been lots of structure repairs!
For the remainder of April we intend to do much more of the above, plus, with a bit of luck there will be lots of seedlings to pot on soon.
I would love to chat on Instagram; you can find us @diggingtheearth.co.uk